The following Declaration issued, endorsed and signed at Alliance foundation meeting in Lahore, Pakistan – November 19, 2020.
We, the representatives of independent online journalism platforms from across Pakistan, gathered in Lahore on November 18-19, 2020, have agreed to join together into a formal association and declare the following DigiMAP charter:
- To support and practice independent online public interest journalism and digital media in Pakistan
- To strive to be, from across Pakistan, the voice of the voiceless, the deliberately silenced, the often unheard and the regularly ignored.
- To represent the rights and interests of all the socio-political and economically marginalized communities ignored by the mainstream media.
- To represent, from the sidelined margins of power, Pakistan’s demographic diversity and pluralisms – including geographic, ethnic, linguist, religious, cultural and class.
- To promote development and professionalism of the independent online journalism sector and digital media in Pakistan.
- To be the representative body to safeguard the rights and interests of independent online journalism platforms in Pakistan.
All the following signatory digital media platforms, in alphabetical order, became Founding Members of DigiMAP:
Balochistan 24 – signed by Mr Ghulam Murtaza Zehri
Balochistan Voices – signed by Mr Adnan Aamir
HumSub – signed by Mr Adnan Wahab Khan
IBC Pakistan – signed by Mr Sabookh Syed
Journalism Pakistan – signed by Mr Imran Naeem Ahmad
Native Media – signed by Mr Kashif Baloch, Afshan Masab
Naya Daur – signed by Mr Syed Ali Raza Zaidi
Sabaat – signed by Mr Shahzada Irfan
Sujag – signed by Mr Badar Alam, Mr Tauqeer Mustafa
Tajziat – signed by Mr Muhammad Amir Rana
TheReporters – signed by Ms Shazia Mehboob
Tribal News Network – signed by Mr Tayyeb Afridi
Voicepk – signed by Ms Xari Jalil